This metatarsal guard boot comes in a gorgeous brown colour. It is made of full grain leather and natural rubber soles. Finally, it retails at a little more than $110, and returns are completely free. However, considering the quality of the product, chances are you won’t want to return it. As you know, Wolverine has been around since 1883. Their products are designed to take the toughest in working conditions. These guard boots are no different.
- Since the boots are made of full grain leather, they give you amazing levels of comfort.
- The leather and welt construction ensures flexibility as well as strength.
- The metatarsal guard is placed internally.
- Boots come with a cushioned foot bed which can be removed if you so wish.
- The mesh lining makes the guard boots completely waterproof.
- Be careful while choosing your size, because these boots do tend to run half a size or so small. If you are a 9, for example, you should order a size 8.5. Otherwise, you will find your boots a little too large for you.
- Make sure you wear high quality socks. If you have to stay standing for long hours, sweat may soak into your socks. This is because the boots do not breathe very well.
When you are buying guard boots, there are a fixed number of criteria that you are looking at. The first, of course, is toe protection. The metatarsal guard and waterproofing are the others. Comfort is usually secondary to safety. In case of most of these products, it is not very easy to find. In fact, sometimes comfortable shoes compromise on safety. Thankfully, that is not so in this case.
Obviously, the comfort factor is considerably reduced if your job keeps you on your feet for long hours. If that is the case, remember that these shoes do not breathe well. You don’t want your sweat soaking into your socks: that’s just unpleasant. Our suggestion is that you invest in some good pairs of socks to wear with them.
As for the first mention, yes, the sizing is a little off. If you order your usual size, you might end up with slightly large boots, but that hasn’t been very uncomfortable for most people. If you think it might be a problem, try on some Wolverine products before you buy to find the right fit.
Users strongly recommend these well made work boots. There are a few concerns, none of them insurmountable. And an added (though not very important) consideration: these boots look quite nice with jeans.