The most important thing to look for when looking at work boots of any kind is dependability. You need a product that won’t let you down. Made from genuine leather, these steel toed boots have synthetic soles and a metatarsal guard. Among their many useful features is the fact that they are wonderfully impact resistant, completely water proof, and aren’t likely to catch fire either. All in all, these are a sound investment, and well worth the price.
- Unlike many competing products, this steel toed work boot from Timberland is completely flameproof, other than being both impact and water resistant.
- The metatarsal guard and steel plate combine to offer a comprehensive level of protection in the industrial workplace.
- Stability, flexibility and durability are afforded by construction from Goodyear Welt.
- These boots are slip-resistant too, be it in oil or alkali, and impervious to heat and abrasion of any kind.
- The synthetic soles may take some getting used to for those who are more accustomed to soles made from natural rubber.
- These boots are ankle high, so keep in mind whether your particular job calls for something which affords protection towards the calf as well.
- As far as work boots go, these are on the lighter side, which is a plus for many but may be new to some.
Timberland PRO Men’s 40000 Met Guard 6′ Steel Toe Boot Review
These boots, alongside looking amazing, afford a level of comfort that work boots really do. As with all boots made to keep your feet safe, they will wear out sooner or later. They will, however, give you the best possible service until they do. Many satisfied users say that their pair has lasted at least three years, if not more. That is no mean feat. They are especially useful for those involved in welding, because they will protect your feet from falling slag. The metatarsal guard, meanwhile, has been known to withstand the impact of a twenty inch falling beam. In these cases, the foot itself did not even show a scratch.
Performance wise, then, there are absolutely no complaints, but in some cases and certain exposures, the boot does not last as long as it could. If you go for these Timberlands, you will just have to reconcile yourself to buying a new pair every interval, because it may not always last as long as you want it to. There is, however, one other thing to consider. For whatever time one of these pairs of boots lasts, it will offer you a level of protection and quality which is otherwise quite hard to come by. This might just make the occasional replacements worth it. To make these shoes even more comfortable, you can slip in a pair of comfort pads, also available from Timberland.
With products of this sort, price is very rarely the key factor: what we are looking for is quality and durability. In some cases, we are lucky enough to get the two in the same place. With this particular product, the quality is not in doubt. Neither is the level of comfort and protection afforded, which remains at a commendable regardless of life span. The only real issue, then, is that of durability. Your pair of Timberlands may last three years, but then again, they may not. However, it is definitely worth it to give them a shot: you may find that replacement them every year or so is entirely worth it.
Latest posts by Ryan Cooper (see all)
- Top 15 Best Leather Work Boots in 2019 - August 31, 2019
- Top 15 Best Cheap Work Boots in 2019 – Complete Guide - August 24, 2019
- Top 10 Best Work Boot Socks in 2019 – Complete Guide - April 18, 2019