The Dr. Martens Men’s Ironbridge MG ST Steel-Toe Met Guard Boot is made completely of leather. It has manmade soles, a mesh padded colour and a removable Smartmask insole. It is entirely water-resistant as well as slip-free. It is impervious to fat, alkalis, petrol and oil due to its standard wood shank. This well made guard boot comes in two colours, black and teak. It offers complete protection to the entire foot.
- This steel-toe guard boot is one of the most comfortable work boots currently on the market.
- Like previous Dr. Martens products, it is reliable and long-lasting.
- It covers up the entire foot, ensuring complete safety and security.
- It is slip-proof and water-resistant, and is definitely made for long-term and continuous use.
- At 38 ounces a boot, these shoes are perhaps a little on the heavier side. In this case, the weight is definitely necessary. That said it does take a little getting used to.
- Heavy use may cause the shoes to wear out before their time, but they will provide reliable service until the very end. Special care should be taken if continuous exposure to the elements is involved.
- This steel-toe guard boot is not currently available for women. A similar product for the latter is, hopefully, in development.
Definitely one of the strongest features of this particular Dr. Martens product is its rubber sole, which, of course, is non-conductive. It is well suited to workplace use due to its non-skid tread, and the added reinforcement of a durable shank. This is what makes it capable of lasting so long, not to mention soft, comfortable and pliable. The steel protection of the boot extends from the ankle to the toe, and is so thorough that it can protect the foot even if a heavy object falls on it. For those working in construction, this is the best possible feature of any work boot, and this product is therefore admirable.
Moving on to the met guard, we find that it is both well stitched and comfortably padded. This means that it is also capable of protecting the foot from molten slag (quite a handy feature for welders). Add to this the fact that it is quite unmatched in appearance and that the sole is not likely to wear out unless it is exposed to extraordinary strain. It is then quite clear that this one is a winner. To make it last especially long, be sure to clean it on a regular basis. You will find that with the exception of the dust and grime that understandably comes with the territory, your shoes will remain in the same great shape as when you bought them. Try to break it in on cement before moving on to more slippery terrain, such as snow.
This is a workman’s shoe, through and through. It is invaluable to anyone working in construction. It offers the best possible protection from occupational hazards, whether your work is indoors or takes you out into the elements. It is comfortable and easy to use, and after a while, you won’t even notice the extra weight. It is also clear that products of such obvious value do not have to sacrifice on looks: this product is as smart as you want it to be. Many say that these are the work boots that they have ever owned, and that they are definitely worth the price.
Latest posts by Brendan Fullerton (see all)
- A Look at the Nine Best Boots for Walking - September 26, 2019
- The Top 10 Best Work Boots Made in USA in 2019 – Ultimate Guide - September 25, 2019
- The Best Brands Of Work Boots – Complete Guide - September 25, 2019