For workers who constantly make a living working in construction sites or find themselves trudging through muddy or wet terrains, they just got to have the right pair of work boots. These work boots not just protect the foot from all hazards but also enable one to concentrate more at their task at hand rather than worry about their feet safety. Shoes which are water resistant, is something which most workers look for. They are a welcoming asset as it keeps the feet dry and comfortable all day long. There are many manufacturers who focus on this important requirement and along with that also design their models which are also durable and slip resistant.
However with the market thudded with numerous options, one might find it somewhat daunting to pick the ones which offer appropriate water proofing features and longevity. So for their assistance here we are going to review some of the best water proof work boots which the market has to offer.
Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Boot
For people who know a thing or two about the top boot manufacturers, Timberland is a name which they must have come across. This boot is also a top example of its name and recognition in the market. This work boot is made using full grain leather materials and has water resistant uppers for superior comforts and durability. Its padded collar and tongue and EVA foot bed accounts for its wonderful functionality even in tough and soggy working environments. The feet is kept dry as due to its wonderful air circulation features and its tough rubber outsole and multi-dimensional lugs accounts for its superb traction on a variety of walking terrains. The outer heal coatings of this Timberland water proof boot renders rear foot protection.
Its frontal lacing closure is also rust resistant and its gusseted tongue assists in keeping out the debris and dust. The leather also prevents leakage and in its inside one may find that there is an additional seam which prevents entry of water. One of the striking points about this work boot is its B.S.F.P system namely Brake, Support, Flex and Propel feature lends adequate stability to the foot and ankle. Plus it also enhances the traction, by a few notches. The main flex grooves behind the ball of one foot and the secondary flex groves which is situated around the toe region responds adequately to ones’ footsteps, thereby giving a natural and smooth stepping motion. The dimension of this work boot is about 12*9*6 inches and it is also very light in weight- just 1.2 pounds. This means that the boot is also quite good in its flexibility and enabling users to move their foot in unrestrained fashion. It is versatile in nature and proves to be just the foot gear for all kinds of dicey work places.
- The boot is extremely efficient in preventing water from entering inside and making the feet all soggy and uncomfortable
- The EVA foot bed makes way for superb comfort and breathability even while working for all day long
- It is just 1.2 pounds enabling one to easily move their foot
- The leather which goes into its making is full grain durable leather
- It is versatile and adequate to be worn for all kinds of work places
- The boots multidirectional lugs accounts for superb traction also
- The padded collars and tongue keep the ankles safe and sound.
- The work boot also has B.S.F.P system namely Brake, Support, Flex and Propel feature lends adequate stability to the foot and ankle
- It comes in 5 different designs and colour combinations
- The fitting is true
- The price is also quite manageable for the customers.
- There are some customers who have said that the boot gave them some discomfort, the first time they wore it. But there is nothing to worry as after some time, the boot will get adjusted to the foot and will get easier to work with
- Some have said that this particular colour is a bit too simple, however they have also bestowed loads of praises about its functionality and durability
- It has no steel toe protection, but then again its tough leather and outer materials makes up for it in more than one ways.
Caterpillar Men’s Sideshift Waterproof Work Boot
The Caterpillar is another top manufacturer of work boots and over its years of servitude has given people loads of reasons for people to smile. There are lots of reasons to invest in this wonderful pair of water proof work boots. Its water proof full grain leather accounts for its durability and foot protection which its breathable mesh lining makes way for adequate air circulation, thereby keeping the foot dry and cool all day long. This work boot meets all the standardised ASTM requirements of being water resistant, dust resistant and also slip resistant. It’s superb cushioning midsole renders supreme working experience all day long and its durable rubber outsole gives the foot the extra bit of protection while working in places which also involves numerous electrical contraptions. Plus these rubber outsoles also provides that enhanced traction which workers need while walking on slippery surfaces. Caterpillar work boots are always known to have breathable sock liners which prevent the disgusting foot odour at bay and this model also has it.
Its I Technology construction for makes way for heel to toe comforts and its compressed molded EVA cushioning absorbs shocks and impacts from hampering the foot. One of the talking points of this work boot is its Techniflex woven membrane which lends that added flexibility in welted constructions and also has Good year welt construction for superlative strength and stability. This boot is also oil resistant and nylon mesh lining safeguards the foot in spite of working with it the entire day. The dimension of this work boot is around 12*8*4 inches and it is also very light weight- just 5 pounds. Hence for people who love some extra features in their work boot, especially for places which has lots of water and foot damaging components, this baby will prove to be their ideal option.
- The boot is extremely durable and that is mainly due to its tough water proof full grain leather components
- The boot is just 5 pounds in weight, enabling one to move their feet easily as per the job requirements.
- It is a caterpillar model
- Its Good year welt construction for superlative strength and stability
- I Technology construction for makes way for heel to toe comforts
- Its compressed molded EVA cushioning absorbs shocks and impacts and keeps the foot nice and protected no matter what
- It is extremely water resistant the tough outer structure prevents leakages.
- The durable rubber outsole enhances foot stability
- It meets all the mentioned ASTM standards
- The foot is alluring to the eyes
- It is extremely comfortable to work with in any given working environment
- The fit is genuine
- The price of this water proof work boot is quite reasonable
- It gives no foot smell
- It is limited in designs
- Some have said that their toe region got wet but then it might be a case of defected item. This is simply because this boot maker is quite reputed and such things are very rare.
- There might be some minor discomforts in the ankle region but with more usage, that will diminish and one would be able to work adequately.
King Rocks Waterproof & Puncture Resistant Steel Toe Work Boot
Number three in our list of top rated water proof work boots is this King Rocks water proof and puncture resistant work boot. This boot just like most of the top work boots is made using tough leather and comprises of a direct affixed attached seal water proof as well as puncture withstanding fabric which is imported directly from Canada. This work boot is adequate insulated using a 200g 3M Thinsulate to keep the foot dry and warm. This work boot also has steel toe protection preventing nails and other sharp objects from puncturing the toe region. Its TPU Dura Toe protection also lends in that extra bit of sturdiness to the boot life This boot is also met with all the standardised ASTM requirements of being oil and electric resistant. Plus the sturdy structure of the boot also has the ability to counter acid and other potential harmful chemicals usually found in work places. Its polyurethane outsole and cushioning accounts for superb flexibility and comfort!
The boot also has superb inner padding and EVA insoles which keeps allows air circulation and light weight makes users to easily move their foot as per their job needs. It is also quite versatile in nature meaning that workers can tend to this baby for all kinds of work places.
- The shoe is light in weight
- It is also very durable owing to its tough leather construction
- It is also versatile in nature and can be used for all work places
- The design of the boot is quite alluring to the eyes
- The boot meets all the basic requirements of being oil, acid and also electric hazard resistant
- The leather is also water proof and keeps the foot dry and comfortable even while walking or working in soggy surfaces.
- The steel toe protection is virtually impenetrable
- The price of the boot is also very affordable
- The boot has no alternative designs
- Some have said that the some minor pain was felt in the ankle region but with more usage of the boot and more exposure to work place environments, things will get easier
- Some have said that the fit is not true but that is something which the users have to decide properly and has nothing to do with the boot efficiency and functionality.
Blundstone Men’s 914 Steel-Toed Boot
This is a work boot which many workers are seen purchasing from both the genres of the market. This baby has a class of its own and much of that is mainly due to its superb water proof and durable leather components. This boot has the ability to withstand some serious amount of pounding. It’s moulded TPU toe and heel protective guards adds that extra protection to the foot regions and it is virtually impenetrable to nails or other sharp work place hazards. The low density polyurethane midsole and high nitrile rubber outsole provides stability and strength to the foot. This work boot is water proof and the paddings dis-allow water or any form of moisture to form or get inside the boot. It is also slip resistant and makes walking even on slippery or watery surfaces-no problem what-so-ever. It is also resistant to hydrolysis or for that matter any other form of microbial attacks. It is also heat resistant and has been tested to withstand about 572 degree of F and also it known to be acid or organic fat resistant. It meets up with all the essential ASTM requirements for being electric hazard resistant.
The dimension of this work boot is about 12*8*4 inches. It is also light in weight, being just 2 pounds. This makes the boot extremely flexible and allows wearers to move their foot depending on the job requirements. It incorporates a steel shank accounting for its enhanced torsional stability and its broad fitted 200 joule shock and impact resistant steel cap prevents such tremors or impacts from hampering the foot. Its nail resistant sole and HT ceramic fabric PS4 renders superlative stability and light weight control to the foot. This work boot is just the thing to have in ones arsenal and its mind-blowing features will make one think more about the job in hand rather than on how to prevent their feet from getting injured or screwed.
- Its steel shank makes way for superb torsional stability
- It is made with tough and water proof leather components
- It is also quite light in weight and makes way for easy foot manoeuvrability
- The blunt stone shock zone polyether PU foot bed comprises of a channelled air flow feature
- It is met with all the essential ASTM standards
- It is also oil, organic fat, acid and slip resistant
- It is versatile and users can tend to this pair in any given work place or weather condition
- The price of this work boot is also extremely manageable
- It offers superb traction and foot stability to walk even on dicey terrains
- The boot has no alternation options
- Some customers have disliked the colour of the shoe but then again they have also said that this boot is wonderful to work with
- However there might be some problems in the initial stages as the foot might feet some discomforts. But that is just the new leather adjusting to the foot and once that is done, such discomforts would diminish
- Also this boot might also give out some strange squeaky sounds in the first few days, especially if it is exposed to watery surfaces but that too will fade away as it gets more exposure to working conditions
Caterpillar Men’s Indiana 8″ Steel Toe Boot
Number five in our list of grade A water proof work boots is this baby. This is another one of the top Caterpillar models which the workers can tend to for any give working environment. This boot incorporates full grain leather and has a tough rubber outsole rendering foot stability and strength in each step one takes. It meets up with all the various ASTM standards- F2413-11 1/75 C/75 steel toe and electrical hazard resistant. This water proof work boot comprises of a matching 8 inch lace up leather shaft and also padded collars providing wearers extra comfort and support even while working for all day long. It also incorporates a single stitched Good year welt and a round steel toe profile for superior strength to the foot region. In fact when we talk about its steel toe protection, it is puncture resistant and keeps the toe region safe and sound at all costs.
Just as most of the other Caterpillar work boots, this one too has a wonderful grip to the walking surface making way for ankle and foot movements together without any twisting. The lace up feature ensures superior fit and better control over each and every step. The dimension of this work boot is about 12*8*4 inches. Plus this boot is also one of the lightest boots in the market weighing just 2 pounds. This makes wearers move their feet easily depending on their job needs and its anti-fatigue technology keeps strains on ankles or any part of the feet, at bay.
- This work boot is made with full grain leather and that makes it one tough work boot
- It is versatile and proves to be a champ in all types of work place environments
- It weighs just 2 pounds and lends the foot enhanced flexibility to move around
- It has an eye-pleasing design
- It is also very long-lasting and provides superb support from the heel to toe region
- The price is also very reasonable
- It is a Caterpillar model which is one of the best in the boot industry
- The colour is also very good
- It meets up with various ASTM standards- F2413-11 1/75 C/75 steel toe and electrical hazard resistant
- The leather is also water proof and keeps the foot nice and protected all the time.
- The boot is limited in design
- Some customers have said that some stitches started coming off in the first week but that all depends on how one uses it
- One may feel some ankle pain in the first day, but as the boot gets adjusted to the foot, the pain diminishes.
Magnum Men’s Response Ii 8″ St Boot
Another work boot which many workers are seen purchasing from both the market sectors is this baby. It is made with superb full grain water proof leather components and comprises of an effective steep toe protection for toe region protection. Magnum work boots are known for its high traction, durable outsole and high cushioning to the foot base and that this boot has all those features. The dimension of this work boot is 12*9*6 inches and one of the trademarks of this water proof work boot is that it is extremely light weight- just 1.6 pounds. This boot just like some of the best work boots in the market meets all the ASTM requirements of being electric resistant, oil resistant, slip resistant, acid resistant and also organic fat resistant. Its 900 denier nylon underlay gives wearers superb stability and power in every step them take and comfort contoured detachable sock liner are also welcoming features for foot protection and comforts. The gusseted tongue prevents debris and its Bluecher lace system which goes further down to the toe lends extra stability and enhanced fittings.
Other chief characteristics of this work boot include EVA midsole and moisture absorbing features which keeps the water and moisture away from the feet. The feet remain dry and comfortable irrespective of any given number of hours one uses it. Its steel shank provides more protection to the foot as it has the ability to withstand shock and impacts from hampering the foot region and its slip resistant outsole makes walking on any given walking surface suitable and enjoyable. With all these mentioned features, there is no element of surprise why this work boot has gotten so much popularity.
- The work boot is extremely durable as is constructed using tough grain leather
- The leather is also water proof which is another added benefit
- It is light in weight- just weighing 1.6 pounds
- The EVA midsole and moisture wicking feature prevents the water from entering the foot, thereby keeping the dry and moisture free all day long
- It is also oil, slip and electric hazard impervious
- Its tough rubber outsole accounts for its enhanced traction
- The upper material leather makes way for rugged durability and more comfort
- The design is wonderful to look at
- It is extremely durable and has the ability to last for a fair number of years
- It is also versatile in nature and can be worn in any given working environment
- The steel shank provides stability to the foot
- It is also quite breathable
- The price of this work boot is also very manageable for customers
- There are some who have said that the black colour is not good and that they would have appreciated it if this work boot had a different colour combination. But that has nothing to do with the functioning of the boot and these customers have also agreed to this fact
- This boot has limited designs and colour combinations
- In the first few outings, the foot might be feel a bit stiff but that is also nothing to worry about as it is just the new leather which is getting adjusted to the feet
That completes our review regarding some of the top rated water proof work boots which the customers can have a go at. The names which have been highlighted are among the market leaders and will prove to be the perfect options for workers to combat tough working conditions and dicey walking surfaces. They are also properly tested in terms of its resistant abilities, its durability and its toe protection. Plus they are also quite good in terms of their looks and are available at cost effective prices. So without any hesitation bring home one of these models and experience comforts on the highest order.
Latest posts by Brendan Fullerton (see all)
- The List of Best Work Boots for Wet or Soggy Working Conditions - April 2, 2016
- Top-notch Lightweight Boots Made in USA - March 26, 2016
- A Look at the Nine Best Boots for Walking - February 13, 2016