Sometimes the manufacturer matters and this is true with work boots. Different brands use varying materials and construction processes which can affect the quality of the work boots. This can be especially important if your work boots also have to protect your feet. There are several brands that are durable and comfortable, and are also protective when you need it. To help ensure that you find the best brand of work boots, we have included this brief review of some of the top rated manufacturers.
Top Rated Manufacturer of Work Boots
Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Boot
Timberland work boots are sturdy, durable, and comfortable. These work boots feature a leather and synthetic construction that will keep your feet dry in wet or humid conditions. The thick rubber sole provides plenty of traction on all types of surfaces, and you also have the advantage of the cushioned midsole. Stand on your feet without pain all day, and you will also appreciate the affordable price.
- The raised heel provides additional traction and stability when climbing hills or ladders.
- You have the advantage of the waterproof construction that will keep you feet dry in almost any working conditions.
- The foam EVA cushioning provides comfortable support for long days spent on your feet.
- Some consumers have mentioned that these work boots are too flexible for their comfort.
- It should be noted that these work boots do not have a steel toe cap to protect your toes from injury.
Dr. Martens Women’s 1460 Originals Lace Up Boot
The original durable and affordable work boot, Dr Martens is still one of the most popular brands of footwear. These women’s work boots are sturdy and comfortable, along with being resistant to oil and water. The thick rubber tread provides exceptional traction on slick garage floors, and the leather upper keeps your feet dry. You’ll love the clunky style of the original Doc Martens, along with the comfort and support these work boots provide.
- You have the advantage of the durable leather construction and strong stitching that is designed to last for a lifetime.
- These waterproof boots are also resistant to oil, and provide plenty of traction on slick surfaces.
- The higher heel provides additional stability and support for your arches.
- While Dr. Martens are one of the top rated brands of work boots, it should be mentioned that this pair does not feature a protective toe cap.
- The taller construction can limit mobility, which might not be comfortable for all women.
Wolverine Men’s WO8289 Steel Toe Boot
The name Wolverine is synonymous with strength and endurance, and that is true for these work boots. The leather construction is durable and water resistant, while the steel toe cap protects your feet from falling and protruding objects. The rubber sole is designed for stability, and you’ll appreciate the comfortable insole cushioning that can also be removed when you don’t need it.
- You have the advantage of the protective steel toe cap, and the flat rubber sole that provides plenty of stability.
- The insole cushioning can be removed, and the boots are also unlined for additional roomy comfort.
- Not only are these work boots comfortable and durable, you also have the advantage of the affordable price.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the padded tongue is too large for the boots to comfortably fit their feet.
- It should be noted that the flat rubber sole is ideal for stability, but might not be comfortable for consumers with low or fallen arches.
Caterpillar Men’s 2nd Shift 6″ Steel Toe Boot
Manufacturers of high quality equipment for almost any large job, the same standards apply to work boots from Caterpillar. These steel toe work boots are durable, protective, along with being comfortable. The boots feature a leather construction and synthetic rubber sole, along with a supportive shaft for your arch. The outer sole is resistant to oil and water to provide you with plenty of traction on all types of surfaces.
- Just like the heavy equipment, Caterpillar work boots are designed to be long lasting and durable.
- You have the advantage of the protective steel toe cap, along with the waterproof leather construction.
- The outer sole is resistant to slips, and you will appreciate the inner linings that will keep your feet cool and dry in hot working conditions.
- It should be noted that these are steel toe work boots, which are typically heavier than footwear with composite caps.
- While these Caterpillar work boots are designed to be comfortable to wear, the lack of flexibility in the toe area might not appeal to all consumers.
Red Wing Heritage Men’s Iron Ranger Boot
Red Wing work boots are famous for their comfort and durability, and this pair is no exception. The durable leather and welt stitched construction will last through the toughest working conditions, and these work boots are also designed to be supportive and comfortable. The thick cork sole is ideal for oily machine shops and garages, and will provide you with plenty of traction on slick surfaces.
- The durable cork sole is resistant to oil, and will not mark or mar floors.
- You have the advantage of the durable leather that is double stitched for added long last strength.
- The rounded toe area provides plenty of room, without rubbing or irritation.
- While these are comfortable work boots, it should be noted that the footwear is not designed to be worn around hazardous conditions.
- Red Wing work boots can be priced higher than other brands, but it is worth it in comfort and durability.
Latest posts by Brendan Fullerton (see all)
- The List of Best Work Boots for Wet or Soggy Working Conditions - April 2, 2016
- Top-notch Lightweight Boots Made in USA - March 26, 2016
- A Look at the Nine Best Boots for Walking - February 13, 2016